檢視單個文章
舊 2003-06-24, 03:09   #48
Ta-Chi
輕度攀岩者

註冊日期: 2003-05
文章: 77
Ta-Chi
【新聞】台灣蜘蛛女 挑戰極限

I knew Bai-le long time ago, but I had not had opportunity to know her in more personal manner. My impression was that she was a very devoted sporty climber, yet her devotion and enthusiasm to this sport was not any greater than others that I also knew at that time, for example, Two-teeth, Leader-Zhou, Min-zhe, Ah-fu, and Yi-de, just to name a few.
As an elder observer, however, I did notice that there was a very important diference between those (younger, in my perspective) climbers: that is, some of them would view their devotion of climbing as only part of their \"ordinary\" lives, while others viewed it as a \"total.\" As all was seen as potential climbing \"superstars\" by the climbing community back then, I also noticed that such a difference then have gradually evolved and become an integral part of their \"climbing individuality\" - that is, their respective philosophy related to climbing yet more importantly, their worldviews about other people and the whole climbing circle and even the society.
My point is: climbing entails devotion, especially for those star-would-be who want to climb well, but devotion in the meantime is a risky enterprise - you are likely to become ignorant of other people, their feelings and aspiration; that often leads you to become self-blinded - anything that benefits you is righteous and everything else is wrong. After all you become self-absorbing and self-centered. You live a world rife with your own expectations about climbing, and climbing only. You become a climber, but also you become a slave, a slave of your own creation.
Can a slave become an excellent climber? Yes, perhaps. But can a slave enjoy her/his life well? I doubt not. [img]images/forum/smilies/[/img]
Ta-Chi 目前離線   回覆時引用此篇文章